Monday, December 30, 2019

Western Australia - Naturally. Or not.

[Note: This was from a trip in July 2014. I never "published" it. Might as well do so now.]

I started titling this blog piece as "flora and fauna of Western Australia" - like I was an expert. I was just going to post some pictures of flowers and wildlife.

And the caption would go along the lines of "here's a blue wildflower." And "here's a small yellow one. I don't know their names."

Helpful huh?

So if you stumbled on this while Googling for "flora and fauna of Western Australia - the definitive guide", this is not it.







Pink Lake. At Port Gregory. We can confirm that it is indeed pink. I had hoped to have lunch at Port Gregory. It was a small quiet town. There was no place to eat. So we stopped by this pink lake and I cooked some sausages in the camper van, and we ate them with bread. And that was lunch. Good thing we had a camper van. But this is not about the flora and fauna of Western Australia.



Skeleton of a kangaroo. Road Kill. Been dead for some time. Time of death - approximately some time between sunset and sunrise. What am I? Kangaroo CSI?

[Yep. That was it. Was hoping to be more insightful. So now you know why I didn't post this for 5 years. ]


No comments:

Post a Comment