Thursday, June 6, 2019

Log House Wagyu Bibi

Log House Wagyu Bibi Restaurant Entrance

I had wanted to come eat here since I first read about it a few years ago, and since I discovered wagyu beef.

I like food more than I like photography. So I have NO photos of my time at the Log House. You can google "Log House Bibi Restaurant" and find lots of photos, probably better than any I could take.

It's a charming and quaint little restaurant with (faux?) logs for walls. There were a few (6 maybe) long tables with charcoal grills built into the centre of the tables, in the main dining area. A few smaller tables are in the back. I think.

I can imagine at other times it could be crowded, but at 2 pm on a Tuesday, there were only two tables occupied, and we were seated immediately.

Yeah!

After we placed our order, one of the staff brought a bucket of glowing charcoal to fill the charcoal pit of our table grill. Then they put the grill over the pit and leave a piece of fat (pork I believe) to oil the grill. which I promptly did so that we could get to grilling the beef when it arrived.

Then our orders were served.

We ordered a steak (wagyu of course! #5 on the menu), then a mix of 5 beef (wagyu) cuts (#2 on the menu), then a selection of sausages, pork belly, and a basket of assorted bread and some mustard and butter.

Now, besides wagyu beef, I am also a sucker for bread, and this basket of bread was FANTASTIC! 

I could just come here for the bread (personal preference. Please DO NOT TELL PEOPLE that I said the bread here was BETTER than the beef!)

And while the wagyu beef was great, I ALSO LIKED the pork belly!

I liked EVERYTHING!

And I missed not being about to order beer (because I was driving)!

Finally, after dying and going to heaven, I had to pay the bill. I thought it would exceed 10,000 yen. After all I had paid more in Kobe.

And I had a lot more here, and had really eaten my fill here. And was REALLY REALLY happy.

But it was LESS than 10,000 yen. IIRC, it was about 9400 yen! 

This was LESS than what I paid for the Unagi meal at Narita! That was 9666 yen (I remember the amount because it was so unique!)

If I hadn't eaten that Unagi meal I could have had another wagyu meal here!

(Actually, no. I didn't have time. we would be flying off the next day, and I had to return the car the next morning BEFORE the Log House even opens.)

I remember thinking, "even with a beer, it would have just cracked 10,000 yen."

Maybe.

I can die happy now. With wagyu fats coursing through my veins.
This can now be crossed of my bucket list, but I wouldn't mind kicking this bucket a few more times before I kicked the bucket!

No comments:

Post a Comment