Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Cruise Holiday: Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas - Dress codes/ Cheat Codes

I read like a lawyer.

So when Royal Caribbean sent us our cruise documents and information, I studied the information. And this page drew some questions:


Nothing strikes you?

See the last bullet just before the table on "Cruise Length" and "Formal Wear".


I need to be dressed formally?

Well... not exactly.

See this video:




From the video, it is the more traditional cruise lines that would have strict dress codes.

I didn't want to dress formally, and I didn't really need to, but the instructions were not updated, or the cruise line were still hoping.

The reality was that they did not enforce the dress code, and left it as a "suggestion". "Smart casual" is the usual suggestion, but I have seen passengers in shorts, and T-shirts, and jeans in the main dining hall. So... not as big a deal as I thought.

I was hoping that if one were formally dressed, one might get invited to the Captain's table for a wagyu steak or something.

Maybe I wasn't formal enough. :-)

So maybe some cruises do enforce a strict dress code, but not Royal Caribbean. At least not when they are sailing out of Singapore.

[As an aside, my wife once asked me what is "Sunday Best". I explained, that that was what one would wear to Church on Sunday. She looked confused and clarified: "so... torn jeans, t-shirt, and flip-flops?"

That's "Sunday Best" in Singapore. We aren't over fond of dressing up. It's too hot and humid.]



No comments:

Post a Comment